First Aid at Work
The Health & Safety (First Aid) regulations 1981 require the employer to provide suitably qualified personnel and First Aid equipment to immediately enable First Aid assistance to be provided to employees who become ill or injured at work.
First Aiders in the workplace must hold a valid certificate of competence in either FAW or EFAW.
- First Aid at Work Novice Training: 3 days
- First Aid at Work Refresher Training: 2 days
How to Book
- To book onto a First Aid at Work course please contact us on 01964 529006 or view available dates at various locations.
- Various venues or Commercial/ Private premises with suitable facilities to run a practical HSE Approved FAW training course.
- First Aid Priorities
- Recording and Reporting
- Regulations & First Aid Kits
- Managing Incidents
- Examination of a Casualty
- Basic Life Support & Unconsciousness
- Control of Bleeding
- Burns and Scalds
- Common Illnesses & Heart Attacks / strokes
- Candidates are assessed independently on the third day of the First Aid at Work course. Upon successful completion the candidate will receive their HSE Approved First Aid at Work certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- First Aid at Work manuals are provided as part of the course and will be issued on the first day.
- HSE and OFQUAL approved certificate issued through the accrediting body ITC First Aid