Paediatric First aid
This paediatric first aid course meets the requirements of the Early Years foundation stage statutory framework.
The course focuses on emergency scenarios that are faced by professionals, including teachers, au pairs and playgroup leaders, looking after young children.
It meets Ofsted requirements for registered childminders and the requirements for nannies under the Approved Carers Scheme. It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
Who should attend?
- This course is for people working with younger children - those up to eight years old – or working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
- Paediatric First Aid (Ofsted Approved) Novice Training: 2 day
- Refresher Training: 1 day
How to Book
- To book onto a Paediatric First Aid course please call us on 01964 529006 or view available dates at various locations.
- Various locations or Commercial/ Private Premises with suitable facilities to run a practical Ofsted Approved Paediatric First Aid training course.
- First aid kit
- Action planning
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation (Child, infant and adult protocols)
- Choking (Child, infant and adult protocols)
- Asthma and diabetic emergencies
- Head injuries
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Foreign objects
- Childhood conditions (e.g. measles, meningitis, and croup).
- By on-going assessment throughout the course. Upon successful completion the candidate will receive their Ofsted Approved Paediatric First Aid certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- Paediatric First Aid manuals are provided as part of the course and will be issued on the first day.
- Ofsted approved certificate issued by the accrediting body ITC First Aid.