Dangerous goods awareness training
It is a legal requirement that any persons whose duties concern the carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road, Sea, Rail or Air shall have received training in the requirements governing the carriage of such goods appropriate to their duties.
This is a very broad requirement that encompasses such personnel employed by the road vehicle operator or the consignor such as packers, forklift truck drivers, warehousemen who load or unload Dangerous Goods, staff in freight forwarding or shipping agency offices, and drivers of non-ADR vehicles.
Awareness courses are always tailored to meet the customer’s exact requirements, usually covering the basic theory of hazard classes, packaging, documentation, PPE and transport requirements. All courses also now include the mandatory introduction to Dangerous Goods security issues. If required we can also incorporate the requirements for using UK toll tunnels (Dartford, Tyne and Mersey) or the Eurotunnel freight services.
- Dependent upon skill level, experience and the number of candidates – Usually ½ - 1 day
How to Book
- To book Dangerous goods awareness course at a commercial premises - call the sales team on 01964 529006 or complete our on-line contact us form
- Commercial/ Private premises with access to a suitable meeting room or classroom.
- The scope of the regulations
- The classes of dangerous goods and associated hazards
- Typical examples of each class
- The labelling of packages
- Packing groups
- Load paperwork
- Definitions and terminology associated with dangerous goods
- Certificate - no extra charge
All prices are subject to vat