Abrasive Wheels - portable and bench mounted
This course is designed and structured to provide training in the safe use of abrasive wheels and meets with the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98)
We conduct on-site training in the safe use of abrasive wheels for all types of cutting and grinding applications: Stihl Saw, Angle Grinder, Chop Saw, Bench/Pedestal Grinder, Surface Grinder, Cylindrical Grinder etc
- Dependent upon skill level, experience and number of candidates. 1/2 day or 1 day.
How to Book
- To book Abrasive Wheels training course at a commercial premises - call the sales team on 01964 529006 or complete our on-line contact us form
- Commercial/ Private premises with access to a suitable area for training.
Note: This course has been approved by the relevant accrediting bodies and complies with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98)
- The Need to Train and Statutory Requirements
- Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel and the Types
- Marking of Abrasive Wheels
- Hazards and Precautions to be taken
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Storage & Handling
- Inspection and Methods of Testing for Damage
- Abrasive Wheel Machine Components
- Dressing & Balancing
- Specific Mounting Procedures
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the training course
- The practical element of the training will be conducted using the customers equipment where possible and it is the customers responsibility to ensure the equipment is suitable for its intended use and is properly maintained and that all trainees are in possession of the correct PPE for the type of machine that they are to be using.
- Certificate - no extra charge
All prices are subject to vat