Slinging and Signalling - Banksman
Vehicle Banksman training is an effective way of improving the overall safety of a working environment where vehicles are required to reverse or perform maneouvres.
Vehicle Banksman are a legal requirement on many sites and a strong recommendation for any site where reversing of vehicles is unavoidable.
Nearly a quarter of all workplace transport injuries occur when vehicles are reversing. Vehicle Banksman offer drivers a trustworthy second perspective while maneuvering to play a key part in reducing accidents.
A suitable vehicle with driver will be required for the practical elements of the Vehicle Banksman course.
- Dependent upon skill level, experience and number of candidates. 1/2 day or 1 day.
How to Book
- To book Banksman training course at a commercial premises - call the sales team on 01964 529006 or complete our on-line contact us form
- Commercial/ Private premises with access to a Vehicle and suitable area for training.
Note: This course has been approved by the relevant accrediting bodies and complies with both the Health & Safety Executives Guidance HSG6 & Approved Code of Practice L117.
- Conducting the Manoeuvre
- Legal Duties
- Planning the Manoeuvre
- PPE Requirements
- Recognised Signals
- Risk Assessment of Maneuvering Task
- Site Limitation
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Banksman training course
- Certificate - no extra charge
All prices are subject to vat