Staff induction course
Staff Induction course
The Health and safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 requires employers to provide adequate information, instruction, training and supervision to enable work to be carried out safely.
Training is usually required at the following stages of employment:
- Induction (and sometimes pre-employment)
- At the beginning of a new work activity
- Whenever there is a significant change in work activity
- Possibly following illness or injury, or during rehabilitation
- Refresher training to ensure competence is maintained.
- Staff induction: 3 hours to 5 days dependent upon the customer’s requirement.
Please contact us to allow us to quote accurately for your needs
How to Book
- To book a staff induction course please call the sales team on 01964 529006
- Commercial/ Private premises with access to a suitable training area.
- Attendance certificate - no extra charge
- Individual certificates e.g. First aid, Manual Handling, Fire Warden – Up to Level 2
- Attendance only
- Ongoing assessment if individual certificates required e.g. First aid at work
All staff should be given basic health and safety information about their workplace, usually at induction. In addition, in house or outside training on relevant health and safety matters should be made available to employees at the earliest opportunity.
The level and amount of training should be appropriate, with regard to the knowledge and experience of staff. Pastel believes training and/or information provided to staff in the workplace should include the following:
- Emergency procedures, e.g. fire, first aid, reporting accidents
- Safe use of equipment
- Electrical safety
- Manual handling
- Safe use of display screen equipment
- Possible exposure to asbestos
- Stress management
- Personal safety
Risks and control measures in relation to harmful chemicals and other dangerous substances.