First Aid for Expectant & New Parents
Bringing your newborn home from hospital can be a terrifying experience. Having the information, training and confidence to know how to handle accidents in the home will put your mind at rest and having the knowledge to provide your child with emergency care should it be necessary, is a truly priceless skill
This course has been specifically for new parents, grandparents, babysitters or guardians to prepare them for accidents that could occur.
This course deals with emergency situations involving babies and small children. You will practise CPR skills and learn about treatments for common accidents and illnesses.
We will also look at the essential items that should be kept in your first aid kit.
This is a hands-on course giving participants the chance to practice on baby and child mannequins. We can tailor the course content to focus on any areas of particular interest to participants.
- ITC First Aid for Expectant & New Parents course - 3 hours
How to Book
- To book onto a course please call us on 01964 529006 or view available dates at various locations.
- Various locations or Commercial/ Private premises with suitable facilities to run a practical First Aid training course.
- Emergency Scene Assessment – priorities of treatment
- CPR – chest compressions and rescue breathing for baby/child
- Spinal injury Management
- Serious bleeding Management
- Managing shock
- Recovery position
- Burns, cuts and stings
- Febrile convulsions
- By on-going assessment throughout the course. Upon successful completion the candidate will receive their certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- Handouts will be issued at the start of the course.
- First Aid for Expectant & New Parents certificate issued by the accrediting body ITC First Aid.