Tow Tractors - yard shunting vehicles
A Tow Tractor, known in the as a Shunt truck, Spotting tractor, Terminal tractor, Yard truck, Yard Dog, Yard jockey, mule, etc. is a semi-tractor intended to move semi-trailers within a cargo yard.
- Dependant on skill level, experience and number of candidates.
How to Book
- To book onto a Tow tractor course please call the sales team on 01964 529006 or complete our on-line contact us form
- Commercial/ Private premises with access to a Tow Tractor and trailers.
Please complete our on-line contact us form for more details or book onto one of our open courses
Note: This course has been approved by the relevant accrediting bodies and complies with both the Health & Safety Executives Guidance HSG6 & Approved Code of Practice L117.
Pastel Training Ltd hold RTITB accreditation and are able to offer Tow Tractor training at customer premises around the UK.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the towing capacity of tow tractor.
- Carry out a pre-start inspection.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Travel (forward and reverse) with laden and unladen trailers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Theoretical assessment of 25 questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Tow Tractor training course
- Certificate - no extra charge
All prices are subject to vat